Y’all, I had the best intentions of getting nice pictures of these nuts so that you could see how amazing they are. But you know what happened? I went back to work and winter daylight is basically non existent. BUT I wanted to get this posted so you have time to make them for Thanksgiving! So I will do my best to update these pictures when I can, but for now you can enjoy my insta-story pic of these delicious pecans.
UPDATE: I finally got to photograph these pecans! I made them for a family gathering last weekend, and they were a big hit with my in-laws!
These candied pecans are perfect as a snack for parties, or you can put them in a cute jar for a hostess gift! They’re slightly sweet and satisfyingly crunchy. My husband has already requested I make more!
They’re also super easy to make, so if you’re not very skilled in the kitchen you can absolutely make these and look like a pro. 🙂
Spiced Maple Pecans
- 16 oz raw pecan halves
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp butter or ghee, melted
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and grease the paper with the melted ghee.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg white until foamy, then gently whisk in the maple syrup.
- Add the pecans and pumpkin pie spice and gently toss until all of the nuts are coated evenly.
- Bake for 80-90 minutes until the nuts are dry.
- Let the nuts cool completely and enjoy!